So the whole “mfp” thing is going pretty well. I’ve been doing this for 137 days (19.5 weeks) now, and I’ve lost 38.6 pounds, or 1.97 lbs/week.
At first, I just took the mfp calorie goal and went with it. Now, I’ve been trying to up my protein to 40%, and I’m thinking about raising the calories a bit. Not totally positive about that, I think I want to make sure I’m consistantly getting some exercise, even if it is only cardio.
Here’s what’s happened in 38.6 pounds:
- I can climb a flight of stairs without wheezing. Breathing deeply, sure, but not gasping.
- The belt I had to buy was first cinched to the second hole, and is now on the 6th.
- I started in size “6” (Lane Bryant’s stupid ass vanity sizing, most likely 26, pushing 28) (not that size 26 isn’t vanity sizing, ’cause my waist sure as hell wasn’t/isn’t 26 inches) (I like parenthesis) (where was I? Oh yeah) and now my size “5” (24) is a bit loose. I fit into 22s, but they’re still a bit snug.
- I can put my foot on my knee to put on my shoes without dragging my foot up with my pants leg AND without huffing.
- I’m buying tshirts from teefury.com in XL, not XXL, and they fit.
- I’m keeping portions reasonable fairly comfortably, AND I’m actually liking some food that I didn’t like before, or didn’t think I would.
Things I’ve discovered:
- I actually like the elliptical, and the treadmill.
- My HRM watch gave me a star for last weeks training. I did not know it would do that. I’ll have to try to get TWO stars this week. :D
What I’m proud of today:
- I did NOT want to go to the gym this morning, but I went anyway.
- I did my full “routine” (such as it is), 10 minutes on the treadmill, 10 minutes elliptical, 20 minutes treadmill.
- I liked it.
- I want to increase my time and difficulty on the treadmill and possibly the elliptical.
- I want to start lifting, but I’m …. scared isn’t really the word, though afraid of humiliation might be. Also, my husband keeps nagging me about having to have a spotter, and I’m on my own at the gym. I don’t see anyone spotting, but he’s all freaked out about it. Maybe I should just start on the machines – it’s not like these muscles have been used in years, anyway. Probably shouldn’t scare them too badly.
- Water. Water. (…everywhere, and all the boards did shrink. Water, water everywhere, nor any drop to drink)
- Did I mention water?
Also, I <3 my Fitbit.